Sorry I didn’t upload a post Yesterday! I had one all finished and scheduled but it didn’t publish. But i have got a post today. One on my easter themed cupcakes. Let me know in the comments what you think and any good recipes you know.
Makes 12 muffin sized cakes.
- 200g of butter or margarine.
- 200g of sugar, any type is fine.
- 200g of self raising flour.
- 2 medium sized eggs.
- 25g of coco powder.
- 1/2 a table spoon of baking powder.
- 1/4 of a table spoon of vanilla extract.
- A few drops of milk.
For the icing and topping.
- 100g of butter.
- 300g of icing sugar.
- 1/2 a tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- 15g of coco powder.
- 1 packet of mini eggs.
- A few drops of milk.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. And line a 12 hole muffin tray with 12 cases.
- In a mixing bowl mix together your sugar and butter until it’s fluffy and pale.
- Then you can add in your eggs one at a time. Don’t worry if it looks a little bit stodgy , it will work.Trust me!
- Once thats all been mixed together add in your flour bit by bit.
- Then put in the rest of your ingredients, the coco powder, baking powder, vanilla extract and milk.
- Divivd your mixture equally between the cases and bake in the centre of the oven for 15-20 minuets. Or until they are bouncy to the touch.
- While they are cooking and cooling you can begin to make your buttercream icing. Start by beating your butter for a good 5 minuets. You want it to be either a very pale yellow or a white colour.
- Then you can gradually add in your icing sugar. I would recommend mixing it with a folk to stop it from going all over the place.
- If it’s a little bit thick then you can add in a drop or to of milk.
- Divid the icing between to bowls. Then in one add the coco powder, and in the other add in vanilla extract.
- Now you can really do want you want. I put both in a piping bag and piped it onto the cakes to get this multi coloured effect. With a different flavour. But you can do want you want. However i would recommend not putting it on until your cakes are completely cool, otherwise it will just melt.
- Then on top you can add a few mini eggs, to give it that easter vibe!
Lots of love,
Milalor X x X x
* excuse the sludge of icing on my pinky finger in the featured image, i had no idea!