As it is almost halloween (almost) i wanted to share with all of you my halloween brain cake recipe. This is great for any parties that you might be going to or for you just to enjoy at home! I actually made this last year and will defiantly make it again this year though. If you do decide to make it make sure to send me a snap!
For this recipe you will need:
- Now I’m going to be completely honest with you, for this recipe as i needed so much mixture i used 2 packet mixes. It doesn’t matter what ones you get i thought for this post it would be easier to put this than to tell every little ingredient as i want i to be simple.
- Pot of jam
- fondant icing (pre made)
- Vanilla butter cream
- A large bowl that can be put in the oven.
The steps to create this are as followed:
- Follow all the instructions on your packet mix first.
- Then when you have done that put your 2 mixes in the same bowl together and place in the oven for about 40 minutes, I know it seems a long time but as the mixture is so dense it needs enough time to cook through.
- While your mixture is cooking you can take out your pre made butter cream (any store brought one will do) and let it set to room temperature.
- Once your main cake has finished cooking leave it to COMPLETELY cool. Its really important that it cools completely before you put any thing on it.
- Now you want to cut down the edges to give it the kinda shape of a brain (don’t worry though as the main brain look comes from the fondant).
- Apply your butter cream all over your cake!!
- Now twist your fondant into snake like shapes and just place them all over your cake.
- Now you should start to see the brain shape forming.
- Take a pastry brush and apply jam all over the fondant, this gives the effect of blood.
- Now your scruffy yet eery looking brain cake is complete now go wow your friends with it.
Now i tried to make this recipe as simple as possible so any one is capable of baking it.
Also i just wanted to add: don’t forget to leave any questions for the q&a on the q&a post (posted yesterday)!
Lots of love
Milalor X x X x